Bank of Queensland
- Provide 1:1 direct support to a high performing Corporate Relationship Executive
- Genuine opportunity to develop a career in Corporate Banking
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract – Sydney Based
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies. We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of an energetic and high-performing team in Sydney.
The wider BOQ Business looks after the Banks Commercial Lending, Equipment Finance, Specialist Lending, Trade and Financial Markets. The client relationships are held across many segments which include Branches, Brokers, Business Banking, Corporate, Health and Retirement,
Property and Agribusiness and are serviced by teams throughout Australia. BOQ Business is recognised for our excellence in Relationship Banking and have received awards from the AB&F; as well as East & Partners.
As a Property Finance Analyst, you will be an integral part of a Corporate Property Portfolio and provide support to a high performing Corporate Relationship Executive by managing all loan processing activities, including writing and providing recommendations for credit submissions and periodic reviews. You will require a strong understanding of financials and be able to analyse and interpret cashflows and industry information. Furthermore, you will be responsible for all ongoing compliance and reporting activities for the portfolio. This role is a spring-board for your career progression into the sophisticated world of corporate banking.
- Providing lending support across a complex portfolio supporting the Corporate Property Banking team.
- Assist with preparing corporate lending submissions by critically analysing and interpreting financial statements and identifying industry trends.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the specific customer base and refer sales opportunities to the Corporate Relationship Executive
- Assist with timely preparation of credit submissions for property finance transactions for both new business and Annual Reviews, through a thorough internal assessment process,
- Attend customer interviews with the Corporate Relationship Executive where appropriate to gain additional knowledge of customers’ businesses and requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers through the delivery of excellent service.
- Oversee and manage all covenant monitoring and compliance requirements.
As a natural problem solver, you will relish the opportunity to demonstrate your proven track record of credit analysis and pick up new complex concepts with ease. Naturally, you will possess strong organisational skills and attention to detail, coupled with your ability to multi-task and liaise with various stakeholders. Your proven analytical skills will be complimented by your ability to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Highly self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Previous banking experience – including exposure to Commercial and Corporate lending
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret financial statements and identify industry trends
- Knowledge of the Credit Code and Privacy Act
- Background tertiary qualifications in Accounting and Finance / Commercial discipline preferred but not essential
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and problem solving
- Sound knowledge of the commercial property market and ability to understand property valuations, tenancy schedules and other technical components.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Team orientated with a desire to build a career within Corporate Banking.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.