Volvo Group Australia (VGA) is part of the global organisation Volvo Group consisting of approximately 100,000 employees. Our reliability is renowned, and is underpinned by our core values – customer success, change, performance, trust and passion. We bring each one to life in everything we do.
Due to an internal promotion, Volvo Bus Australia is looking for a driven and passionate General Manager (GM) to join the Volvo Group Australia Business Leadership Team. This opportunity reports to the Vice President, Asia Pacific Region Volvo Bus and has overall responsibility for the Volvo Bus operations across the Australia and New Zealand region.
Critical to your success will be your effective leadership style, experience in management and mentoring of high performing teams to meet operational targets and objectives. With strong commercial skills and exceptional people management experience, the GM is well versed in managing people through change, coaching for performance and driving a team culture that supports agility and innovation.
A compelling, value based leader, you will be the face of and influencer for the Brand. The role requires exceptional communication skills and a pragmatic hands-on approach that delivers tangible on time and on-budget results. This position will be based at VGA's Head Office located in Wacol, Brisbane.
About the role:
- Develop and communicate the strategic direction to meet objectives for Volvo Bus Australia documented in a 3-year rolling Business Plan revised annually
- Successfully implement Volvo Bus Corporation’s goals and objectives across the Australia and New Zealand region
- Develop organisation structure and team competencies to establish a high performing team
- Establish trusting relationships with key account customers in the marketplace
- Create and maintain a customer support structure in line with Volvo’s guideline and requirement including the management and development of both company owned and privately owned Volvo dealers
- Develop input to Volvo Bus Corp on market adapted products fulfilling legal demands and satisfying customers and Volvo’s requirement of quality, reliability and durability.
- Management of press & public relations activities.
- Plan, allocate and manage annual budgeting and rolling forecasting activities
- Degree qualified in Business, Commerce or similar discipline
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of the bus manufacturing process in Australia
- Minimum of 5+ years senior leadership experience preferably gained within the heavy vehicle industry
- Ability to demonstrate a clear vision to successfully lead, develop and coach high performing teams
- Strategic with a strong commercial acumen with experience in developing, implementing and achieving business plans
- Strong MS Office skills including PowerPoint to confidently deliver professional and engaging presentations
- A self-motivated and proactive professional with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a sense of structure with proven time management and organisational skills
- Flexibility to travel frequently across the region with some international travel
- Additional studies completed Master’s degree/CPA would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Competitive remuneration including company vehicle and additional superannuation
- Develop professionally with access to Volvo Group University
- Access to discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Loyalty is valued - VGA Service Recognition Program
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Collaborative working environment at our modern agile premises located in Brisbane
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- VGA is committed to flexible working arrangements, helping employees to achieve their work–life goals
- Onsite Cafe and free car parking.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Strategy & Brand
Last application date