Palladium Group, Inc.
Quality and Inclusion (QI) Adviser, Market Development Facility (MDF)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts,
Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
About Market Development Facility (MDF)
Market Development Facility is an Australian Government funded multi-country initiative which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in our partner countries.
We connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
The purpose of the Quality and Inclusion Adviser is to support implementation of the MDF Results Measurement system and Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE)/inclusion framework in the country of assignment as per identified need. The role will involve supporting different country teams with any Q&I; task.
Monitoring and Results Measurement (Quality) and Implementation.
- Assisting the implementation team in scoping missions and developing baseline report.
- Working with country directors and business advisers to develop, draft and finalise concept notes, agreements, amendments and other key documentation.
- Support the country QI teams in research and analysis.
- Support the team to set annual strategic plan and define their analytical piece for the year.
Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) and Inclusion
- Support Country Teams to ensure WEE and inclusion strategies are integrated and clearly articulated in all relevant MDF documentation, including intervention guides, monitoring and assessments, strategy documents and results chains.
- Ensure that all technical staff understand inclusion strategies and actively apply them to the design, management and monitoring of partnerships.
- Support detailed research efforts focusing on identifying barriers to WEE and inclusion more broadly and/or capturing learning on changes in the environment that contribute to inclusion.
Full for Terms of Reference for this role click here
- At least a bachelor’s degree in economics, anthropology/sociology, agricultural sciences, international development, research or related fields.
- Three years of experience and proven qualitative and quantitative research skills, including demonstrated complex field research in MSD or a related development approach in areas such as productivity, poverty and social norms, sustainability and resilience; and applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
- Recent experience managing or routinely operating within a large, complex results measurement system, similar to MDF’s
- Demonstrated high performance in autonomous roles.
- Excellent critical analysis, synthesis and English language skills (written and spoken), combined with the ability to translate complex findings and ideas into simple, clear and actionable content.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment and travel extensively within country.
- Please submit your CV and brief cover letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability in line with the requirements of the position.