NAB - National Australia Bank
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - NSW Metro
- High performing, supportive and engaged team environment
- Rapidly changing and complex environment
- Sydney based team
At MLC, it's all about our people reaching their full potential and at MLC Wealth that means transforming talent into leadership.
As a leading industry player, MLC Wealth is embarking on a period of significant change. The NAB Group announced that it would be reshaping its Wealth business strategy by pursuing the divesture of the MLC Wealth part of its business.
This will enable MLC Wealth to set its own independent strategy and priorities; providing employees with an exciting opportunity to contribute to the next phase of the 130 year journey of this trusted brand.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Wealth Governance team for a Business Administrator. As a key member of the Wealth Governance Team you will play an essential role in providing administrative oversight and support to the MLC Group Company Secretary and Wealth Governance Compliance Manager and to work closely with the broader Wealth Governance team.
This role is critical in providing co-ordination of board and committee related activities, creation of board and committee meeting materials and diary management together with regulatory lodgements, records management and administrative assistance to board and committee members as required.
What you’ll be doing
Assisting the MLC Group Company Secretary with:
- Management of board meetings, including dealing with directors and management
- Delivery of effective administration for an efficient program of board meetings including preparation of papers and shell minutes, on the day to day management of board meetings including liaising with management as required
- Liaising closely with the Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors to ensure the effective operation of relevant boards and committees
- Organisation of key corporate secretariat artefacts
Assisting the Wealth Governance Compliance Manager with:
- Maintenance of corporate records in an effective manner;
- Ensuring statutory regulatory lodgements and notifications are made in a timely and effective manner;
- Appropriately managing the various processes for appointing, maintaining and terminating of directors and officers, responsible persons and responsible managers
- Timely and efficient lodgement of relevant materials for maintenance of corporate entities
Working closely with the Wealth Governance team Subsidiary Company Secretaries and board administrator as required.
What you’ll bring
You are well presented and have experience in providing executive level support to a number of C Level executives as well as outstanding communication skills to establish positive business relationships across the business. You will also have the following knowledge/skills:
- Background in financial services with some company secretariat experience
- Proficiency in the use of Word, PowerPoint, with excellent diary management skills
- An ability to learn new systems quickly
- Understanding of complex issues and an ability to implement innovative solutions within a large corporate environment
- Be highly organised with a structured approach to managing records and timetables
- Discipline, resilience and ‘can do/will do’ attitude
What we can offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we service.
How to apply
This is a role that will potentially give you a unique development opportunity to further enhance your career prospects and go to the next level. Ready for your next leap? .
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.