- Gain valuable experiences to assist your future career prospects
- Be part of our supportive, innovative and flexible team environment
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from public transport and staff car parking
About the facility
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne, Geelong is becoming recognised as a creative city-region, adaptive and enterprising. The local government has also placed a great emphasis on innovation, employment and economic growth in the Geelong region.
Barwon health is the major regional health provider for the Barwon South West region. It is Victoria’s largest regional health service with one of the busiest hospitals in the state, University Hospital. We serve over 500,000 people through the efforts of over 7,000 staff and more than 1000 volunteers. We provide care at all stages or life and circumstance through a wide range of services from emergency and acute to mental health, primary care, community services, aged care, and subacute/rehabilitation. Care is provided to the community through over 24 key locations throughout the region.
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the role
Barwon Health are now recruiting for 2021 HMO2s in the General Resident Stream. As the HMO2 under the direction of more experienced medical staff and through collaboration with other health professionals, you will provide effective appropriate medical care commensurate with their capabilities and in accordance with delegated clinical privileges.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Delivering consumer centred care that meets best practice standards and in line with relevant standards prescribed by the Medical Board of Australia, Barwon Health and Australian Curriculum Framework for Junior Doctors.
- Using the principles of evidence based practice, and access relevant current literature in formulating clinical management decisions.
- Understanding and using the principles of informed consent, recognising that it may need to be obtained by a senior clinician.
- Demonstrating respect for individual’s values, customs and spiritual beliefs to ensure patient care is effective and culturally appropriate
About the culture
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated team who take pride in providing high quality service. You will have support and guidance from fellow team members and management who exhibit our Barwon Health values, respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team on (03) 4215 0520 or via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
Essential: Can you please list Barwon Health's values?
Essential: Can you please choose one of Barwon Health's values and describe a situation in the workplace where you have displayed this value?
Essential: General Medical Registration - APHRA
Essential: Demonstrated relevant experience as a Hospital Medical Officer in an Australian / New Zealand hospital
Essential: Eligible for the Postgraduate Medical Council Victoria (PMCV) PGY2 2021 Computer Match.