St Vincent's Hospital Network
Position Title: Men’s Health and Wellness Care Coordinator
Employment Type: Maximum Term Full Time - 3 Year Contract
Hours per week: 38
Position Grade: Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 2 Year 1 - Year 2
Salary: $117,318.3 - 119,650.68
Enterprise Agreement The Named NSW (non-declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurses Agreement, 2017
Department Name: Cancer Services Stream
A vacancy exists in the above unit for a highly motivated Men’s Health and Wellness Care Coordinator with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team.
Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant(s) will be expected to be able to ;
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary health care team so as to achieve goals and health outcomes
- Takes a leadership role in the coordination of nursing and health care ensuring they practice independently and interdependently, assuming accountability and responsibility for their own actions and delegation of care to enrolled nurses and health care workers
- Provides coordination, expertise and a clinical consultancy service for men referred to the Men’s Health and Wellness Service
- Liaises with all members of the multi disciplinary team to provide seamless coordinated care across the public and private campuses
- Develops Models of Care and pathways to ensure the highest standard of care is provided to patients
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020_017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network.
- Accrued day off once a month where applicable
- Employee Assistance Program
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the ‘My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency
- At least 5 years full time equivalent post registration experience and in addition who has approved post registration nursing/midwifery qualifications relevant to the field in which he/she is appointed, or such other qualifications or experience deemed appropriate by St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within the interdisciplinary team and demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system
- Demonstrated high level effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated evidence of integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, critical thinking and analysis in their daily practice as a registered nurse
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads with in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in service review and development
An example on how to address and upload selection criteria is provided in the attachment below in order to assist you with completing your application. Please ensure you review the instructions on how to upload this document as applicants that do not address the selection criteria may have their application automatically culled.