St Vincent's Hospital Network
Position Title: Prostate Cancer and Men’s Wellness Project Officer
Employment Type: Maximum Term Full Time - 3 Years Contract
Hours per week: 38
Position Grade: Health Services Manager Level 2
Salary: $97,812 - 116,013
Enterprise Agreement The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Health Employees Agreement 2019
Department Name: Cancer Services
A vacancy exists in the above unit for a highly motivated Prostate Cancer and Men’s Wellness Project Officer with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team.
Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care.
This role is responsible for project planning, implementation and reporting on a major service development project in St Vincent’s Cancer Services, to deliver an end to end, holistic Prostate Health and Men’s Wellbeing Service for the Campus.
Reporting to the Manager of Cancer Services and working across St Vincent’s public and private hospitals, this role requires a proactive project manager with strong organisational and interpersonal skills, experience with stakeholder management and the development of new models of care.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020 _017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network.
- Accrued day off once a month where applicable
- Employee Assistance Program
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the ‘My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in project management and/ or health management (or working towards) and/or experience working in a planning and/or project role within the health sector.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level project management and coordination including documentation, reporting and evaluation
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment
- Proven ability to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals and meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and customers to achieve optimal business outcomes
- Proven capacity to contribute to and implement strategic initiatives, including the capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and work within an operational support business unit
- Capability in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
An example on how to address and upload selection criteria is provided in the attachment below in order to assist you with completing your application. Please ensure you review the instructions on how to upload this document as applicants that do not address the selection criteria may have their application automatically culled.