Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas:
global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Specialist, Media Relations, Australia and New Zealand
We are looking for a strategic thinker who will focus on generating Tier One media coverage and positioning in support of Accenture’s business objectives across Australia and New Zealand. The highly skilled professional will work closely with the media and marketing leads to ensure a holistic, integrated marketing message aligned to business needs to maximise consideration and preference for Accenture services. This person will report to the Australia and New Zealand Media Relations lead.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work hand in hand with the Accenture Australia and New Zealand marketing team to develop and implement communications messages that are part of integrated marketing campaigns tied directly to key client issues and strategic business priorities.
- Develop, manage and execute communication messaging that builds a positive market image for the Accenture brand, increasing our share of voice in the market.
- Work closely with the client account teams to increase proactive win announcements and client references to drive a strong and differentiated position for Accenture in Australia and New Zealand.
- Collaborate with the global Accenture corporate communications team to ensure consistency of global and local strategies and alignment of corporate interests across Australia and New Zealand.
- Facilitate formal media training for key Accenture executive spokespeople.
- Assist in local issues management (client, employee & corporate) in close collaboration with the Australia and New Zealand Media Relations lead and global issues management team to protect and enhance Accenture’s brand locally.
- Collaborate with social media teams across the company to promote targeted content.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists in Tier 1 publications.
- Travel in Australia and New Zealand as required.
- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum six years' experience in media relations/corporate communications (corporate or agency experience preferred)
- Minimum six years' experience analysing, disseminating and communication complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Superior writing capabilities are essential.
- Proven ability to draft clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As;, media pitch letters, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
- Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) familiarity and skills required
- Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organisations, vendors, and others.
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s areas of business.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Sara Francis is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.