City of Parramatta
About the City of Parramatta
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. Parramatta’s $27 billion economy is the third largest behind Sydney and Melbourne and our future looks bright, really bright!
At the City of Parramatta we deliver, partner and/or advocate for a population of 250,000 across an 84 km2 area. We do this with pride and with a passionate multi-disciplinary team who embody the values of customer focus, integrity, teamwork and innovation.
About the role
We’ve got an exciting short-term contract (3 months) in our People and Culture Team. As an integral part of the team,
this role is responsible for supporting the People and Culture team in the delivery and quality of timely services, projects and consultancy to the City of Parramatta.
Day to day you will be providing support to the broader team and the organisation across a range of HR administrative tasks.
The role will suit someone who is proactive and efficient, thrives off being busy and works with a sense of urgency. Successful delivery relies heavily on accurate information so will suit someone with extremely high attention to detail who enjoys working with administrative tasks and process improvement.
We are looking for someone that has background with HR administrative experience in a high-volume environment. Ideally, you will have hands on experience in a broad range of HR administrative functions. Equally as important is your motivation, attitude and willingness to ‘be the best you can be’.
It is essential that you have:
- Ideally IV qualification (Human Resources)
- At least 2+ years in a similar role within a Human Resources team
- Experience with HRIS systems/databases
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- High levels of computer literacy
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Highly developed planning, organisational and time management skills
- Flexible work ethic to meet varying workload demands of the position
- Ability to work with initiative and versatility on a wide range of matters, including problem solving issues that arise
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure day to day operation of the unit
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion and sensitivity to the confidentiality of personal information
It would be great if you have:
- CHRIS 21 experience
What’s in it for you?
- Located in the city of Parramatta with the train station at our doorstep
- Flexible work practices
- Access to further training and development
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team
What’s on offer?
We are offering an attractive salary from $71,346.56 p.a. plus superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Richie Dacanay on (02) 9806 5265.
How to apply?
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11.30 pm, Friday 14th August, 2020 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note if you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
HR Administrator PD Opens in new window