National Library of Australia
Australian Capital Territory
- Opportunity to lead, deliver and take strategic responsibility
- Join an innovative and collaborative workplace
- APS6 - $82,445 - $90,785
The Library is evolving to meet the demands of the 21st century, with a recent review providing a blueprint for building a modern, sustainable and high functioning organisation now complete. There are exciting opportunities available to join the Library, across a range of disciplines.
As a world leading library, the National Library of Australia offers an innovative and collaborative workplace where exceptional team players and technical specialists can flourish. As part of the Library’s team, you will help support organisational reform,
working collaboratively with your team to shape the Library’s future.
We are looking for APS Level 6 employees who will demonstrate our Business and Leadership Functions, uphold the APS and Library Values, and have extensive experience in the following professional areas:
- Office of the Director-General’s philanthropic and fundraising program.
- Collecting services, strategy and programs (rights management, acquisition, collection care, curatorial and discovery, and collaborative library programs).
- Engagement services, strategy and programs (exhibition management, communication, education, reader services, Indigenous programs, and fellowships/scholarships).
- Collaboration services, strategy and programs (digitisation, incubating new services and programs, digital platforms (e.g. Trove), relationship and business partnership management).
- Corporate services, strategy and programs (capital works, facilities management and security, human resources, governance, finance and Program Management Office).
- Digital services, strategy and programs (technology strategy, planning, operations and service delivery including internal software development; infrastructure development and systems administration; data strategy and management; workflow, productivity and collaboration tools; digital library operations).
You may be asked to help support a new service or function, in others you may support an existing function driving innovation and practice improvement. Adaptability, strategic thinking, and the ability to collaborate will be key to your success.
With current vacancies across a range of disciplines, a number of positions will be filled immediately. A merit pool will also be established and used where possible to fill similar vacancies during the subsequent 12 months.
The role of the National Library of Australia, as defined by the National Library Act 1960, is to ensure that documentary resources of national significance relating to Australia and the Australian people, as well as significant non-Australian library materials, are collected, preserved and made accessible either through the Library itself or through collaborative arrangements with other libraries and information providers. The Library has four strategic priorities:
1. We collect today what will be important tomorrow
2. We connect with communities, and connect communities with their national collections
3. We collaborate with others to maximise the national impact of cultural collections.
4. We build capability to maximise return on the nation’s investment in the Library.
Please note some positions are subject to a security clearance. Please refer to the relevant role statement for further information.
Open a new chapter in your career and apply now. Further information can be found in the APS Level 6 Candidate Information Pack on the Library’s website.