Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- Executive Level 2 (Senior Professional Officer Grade B), $119,495 - $134,208 per annum plus an additional 15.4% superannuation
- Data & Digital - Melbourne
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Officer to lead the Bureau's Observing Networks Service Management team as part of National Observing Operations (NOO) within the Observing Systems and Operations Program (OSO). This is an exciting leadership role, responsible for the efficient delivery of Technical Services support for NOO.
The Observing Networks Service Manager is responsible for the delivery of broad technical services support and innovation functions for the Bureau's composite Observing Network.
The role will implement systems and processes to ensure efficient delivery of Operational Technology aligned to ITIL service management methodologies, especially problem and knowledge management, to improve the reliable operation of the observing network and to achieve quality business outcomes. This position works closely with the eight (8) Observing Operations Hubs distributed around Australia to ensure a consistent national approach to operations and maintenance.
To be successful you will:
- Have a proven track record of Operational Technology Management,
- Have a proven ability to manage delivery of technical services including development and negotiation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Have an established record of delivering outcomes within a service management framework.
- Have strong leadership skills, with experience in leading a diverse range of multi-disciplinary staff across a wide geographic area.
Position Description - PDF Opens in new window
Position Description - Word Opens in new window