Mackay Regional Council
Salary and Benefits:
Mackay Regional Council offers you excellent career development opportunities, fantastic benefits and a commitment to work/life balance.
Environmental Health Officer
Mackay Regional Council is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to join our Health & Regulatory team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is required to contribute towards the achievement of the goals of the organisation and its corporate plan, by providing services for the protection,
promotion and improvement of the environment and public health and safety of the community of the Mackay Region by providing professional advice, education, guidance, initiatives, and administration of legislation, policies, systems, methods and procedures in the field of environmental health.
To be successful for this role, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - Degree in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or legal equivalent qualification.
- Eligible for membership to Environmental Health Australia.
- Current QLD ‘C’ Class drivers’ licence.
- Working with Children Blue Card.
- Well-developed skills in carrying out inspections, sampling, survey, collection of data and implementation of various correction measures.
- Ability to interpret, understand, retain knowledge and apply legislation, policies and other work-related information.
- Ability to use, interpret and analyse output from specialised equipment.
Blue Card - It is an essential requirement for this position to hold a Working with Children Blue Card. Under Queensland legislation, you must hold the Blue Card prior to commencing employment – No Card, No Start policy. If you currently do not hold a Blue Card, we recommend you commence the application process when you apply for the position. For more information please refer to the following website: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/applications/apply
In return for your valued contribution you will be rewarded with;
- Base salary from $67,585+ applicable allowances
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- 9 day fortnight roster
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/ER21_3_19_8_9825/VacancyList.aspx
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a full statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
Closing date: 22 October 2020
Enquiries: Recruitment Team
For further information:
Phone: 1300 MACKAY (1300 622 529)