Our very well known and recognised client is seeking a Building Surveyor for a 4-6 week contract.
Your new company
Our client is a recognised provider of Asset Management software and services supporting organisations with large property portfolios in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. They have been doing this for over 15 years and have become well known as experts in this field. Their Purpose is to "plan for better facilities to work, live, learn and play in a more sustainable way". They have a vision beyond software that builds asset intelligence, simplifies asset management and produces reliable works-programmes.
Your new role
You would ideally come from a trade or technical background and have extensive knowledge and experience around building assets. Ideally you will know buildings how they work, where the common issues can be found, and know how to scope projects to rectify problems. Formal qualifications are desired, however, it is essential that you have an OHS Construction white card or equivalent. Your role would mainly include:
- Undertake visual condition assessments of building components using the IPWEA Practice Note 3 methodology
- Identify building-related defects and WHS issues
- Undertake the safety, compliance, condition and functional assessment of properties
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to demonstrate the ability to assess property conditions at a detailed component level, accurately measure building materials and building equipment and produce written commentaries. The quality of survey data is an essential output from the survey process and provides the evidence-basis behind produced works programmes that will work towards our joint ambitions of planning to make these buildings last forever:
- Experienced surveyors
- Detail orientated
- Building background
- Understand the components of a house (those that are maintainable and replaceable – incl paint, carpet)
- Know what to look for in a house
- Understand the different fabrics (Gyproc, walls, ceilings, paint, flooring) of a house
- Need to be able to deal with difficult people
- Need to have a phone, car, small step ladder
- Need to have a level of comfort with technology and using an iPad as well as Zoom and calendars
- Good time management skills
What you'll get in return
Through Hays, this role offers you a competitive hourly rate, 9.5% superannuation and the opportunity be part of one of Australia’s most complex and exciting social reforms initiatives.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact and post-placement care with Bendigo based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
For further information, please contact Sarah Wilkinson at Hays Bendigo at [email protected]
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for Trades & Labour positions in Bendigo and the surrounding region, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
LHS 297508 #2433063