Leading Asset management business looking for multiple Building Surveyors for Regional West Projects
The client is a recognised provider of Asset Management software and services supporting organisations with large property portfolios in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. They have been doing this for over 15 years and have become well known as experts in this field. Their Purpose is to "plan for better facilities to work, live, learn and play in a more sustainable way". They have a vision beyond software that builds asset intelligence, simplifies asset management and produces reliable works-programmes.
If you are someone who has a sound knowledge of maintaining buildings, has done 'condition assessments', enjoys infield work,
and loves technology, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We need someone to work across various parts of Regional North and West Victoria.
You would ideally come from a trade or technical background and have extensive knowledge and experience around building assets. Ideally you will know buildings how they work, where the common issues can be found, and know how to scope projects to rectify problems. Formal qualifications are desired, however, it is essential that you have an OHS Construction white card or equivalent.
Your role would mainly include:
- Undertake visual condition assessments of building components using the IPWEA Practice Note 3 methodology
- Identify building-related defects and WHS issues
- Undertake the safety, compliance, condition and functional assessment of properties
- Experienced surveyors
- Detail orientated
- Building background
- Understand the components of a house (those that are maintainable and replaceable – incl paint, carpet)
- Know what to look for in a house
- Understand the different fabrics (Gyproc, walls, ceilings, paint, flooring) of a house
- Need to be able to deal with difficult people
- Need to have a phone, car, small step ladder
- Need to have a level of comfort with technology and using an iPad as well as Zoom and calendars
- Good time management skills
You will need to demonstrate the ability to assess property conditions at a detailed component level, accurately measure building materials and building equipment and produce written commentaries. The quality of survey data is an essential output from the survey process and provides the evidence-basis behind produced works programmes that will work towards our joint ambitions of planning to make these buildings last forever.
The role is a contract position - you need to be the right person with good interpersonal skills and great building experience rather than just having the right qualifications. You will need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in! The client will provide training on both our processes and our software – They will also provide all the latest devices including iPad, data plan and disto-meter. You will be a key member of our Victorian based team with the potential of future opportunities to work on other projects across the country. You need to have initiative, determination, good time management skills, good attention to detail, a willingness to learn and a good sense of humour.
LHS 297508 #2432126