The summer of tennis is returning to Melbourne, with the Australian Open (AO) set to be held in January 2021.
The AO is one of the best sporting and entertainment events in the world and it takes some pretty passionate people to help us put it together. This is why we’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated Marketing Partnerships Assistants to join our team.
Working as part of the Tennis Australia Partnerships team, this role is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the Marketing Partnerships Team in the lead up to, during and post Australian Open (AO).
The role also assists with the delivery and implementation of contracted partnership rights & benefits for a range of Global and Regional sponsors of the Australian Open and Australian Open Series Events including the ATP Cup.
As the Marketing Partnerships Assistant, you will support the team in the following areas:
- Assist with delivery of contracted partner rights & benefits including: Ticketing, Hospitality, Branding, Digital & Social, Activations, supply and marketing rights
- Act as the key contact person / liaison for partner deliveries, installations and VIK (Value in Kind) product delivery
- Update and maintain status documents/notes for WIP meetings with partners including partner spreadsheets
- Assist with the planning, delivery and execution of partner activation builds on site
- Liaise with Australian Open Series / ATP Cup event team members to ensure series partners rights and benefits are being delivered across all Events
- Assist with preparation for partner upsell opportunities
- Assist with preparation and planning for partner renewal discussions
- Assist TA Commercial team with general administrative tasks as required
This role will also assist the broader commercial partnerships team by being the contact for various tasks including but not limited to:
- Promotional staff management
- Tennis Clinics
- Tennis Tours
- Ticketing & Hospitality
What you will bring to this role:
- One to two years relevant experience in event management or sports administration
- Demonstrated high level of administrative skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly developed computer skills (databases, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding customer services skills & experience
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills and a genuine passion for working with people.
If you think you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here.
Applications will close on Tuesday 20th October at 11pm (AEST).
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity and understand how it assists in attracting, recruiting and retaining our talented tennis family. Tennis encourages all people to apply for this role.