What are you capable of?
What we look for...
Previous sales experience is required to be considered for this vacant role.
- A strong drive to better yourself and increase your knowledge.
- Experience in a sales environment where you've identified customers needs to recommend and tailor suitable solutions or products.
- A desire to progress through the company and do cool stuff.
- A genuine love of people and a dedication to delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- An interest in technology; phones, tablets, phone systems to name a few.
- Fantastic oral and written English language skills and quick with maths to do on-the-spot calculations.
- The will to accomplish and exceed set goals,
not a checkout operator or order taker.
- Patience and empathy when helping customers with any issues.
- A team player attitude, having each other's backs!
- Flexibility across a 7-day roster, a mix of weekdays, late night Thursdays and weekends required.
- 18 years or older (you'll be signing legal contracts).
- Previous Telco experience is extremely preferential but not mandatory.
- Love of change - our plans and often processes change constantly week by week so quick learners who are highly adaptable are best suited.
This industry requires attention to detail and the ability to read, action & retain detailed documentation, do you have what it takes?
Other noted qualities that are evident in people who are succeeding in our business:
LISTEN to and identify customers' needs
BE CREATIVE to tailor suitable solutions or products.
EXCEED customers' expectations by going the extra mile to 'WOW' them (the way it should be).
INITIATE learning and understanding of new products, services and offers.
RELIABLE to handle customer enquiries and issues by following through to completion.
AMBASSADOR of Optus by professionally representing the brand.
OPEN to correction and instruction.
It is important to note the following to save you applying needlessly for this role:
We need someone who is flexible and can do more than 20/25+ hours per week; this is very important and any applications offering less flexibility than this will unfortunately be rejected.
You need a valid visa/residential status to work in Australia.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $24.00 – $27.00 per hour
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Australian driver's licence (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)