City of Parramatta
About the role
This position is responsible for provision of technical advice and effective access to information under the Government and Public Access Act (GIPA) and associated legislation.
On a daily basis you will:
- Attend to formal applications from member of the community and other stakeholders for documentation held in Council records.
- Maintain appropriate records of all applications received and prepare correspondence as required under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
- Attend to requests from the Public Officer for the retrieval of files, records and other documentation including photocopying where required, associated with subpoenas serviced upon Council.
- Respond to enquiries and investigations arising out of privacy referrals and statutory review requirements.
- Enhance community confidence in Council services through the provision of effective access to information under the Government Information and Public Access Act (GIPA) and associated legislation.
- Ensure to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself, staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers whilst at work, and cooperate with Council to comply with WHS legislative obligations.
- Ensure EEO, the principles for a culturally diverse society, and Council policies are complied with at all times.
- Contribute to improved customer service and organisational effectiveness, by acting ethically, honestly and with fairness.
About the person
The successful candidate should have:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the provision of access to information services to the community and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of various acts that relate to the management and provision of information in local government including Privacy & Personal Information Protect Act 1998, Government Information(Public Access) Act 2009, Copyright Act 1968 and Environmental Planning & Assessment Act NSW 1979.
- Experience in using software systems such as TRIM, Microsoft and other systems
- Experience in processing access to information applications and in particular the retrieval of files, inspecting and investigating of files
- High level of customer service and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in researching hardcopy and electronic information
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $75,798 p.a. plus Superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Amanda Diepeveen on (02) 9806 5330.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11:30pm, Tuesday, 27 October 2020 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
GIPA Officer - PD Opens in new window