Rocket Lab USA
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
SOLAERO BY ROCKET LAB
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage,
high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,00 satellites in orbit to date.
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN III – ELECTRICIAN
SolAero by Rocket Lab has an immediate need for a Facilities Technician III – Electrician at our Albuquerque site.
You’ll be responsible for the installation, maintenance, upkeep, and troubleshooting of assigned facilities, electrical equipment, and other facilities systems to ensure that the equipment is running safely and efficiently to meet production objectives. You’ll work on assignments that require considerable judgment and initiative, as well as collaborate with facility management on planning and implementing improvement projects. You may also provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install electrical conduit, wiring, and equipment
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and ensure uptime on all applicable facilities equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair/calibration of one or more key process equipment & systems
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, specifications, drawings, and verbal instructions
- Understand capacity of equipment and analyze problems, as well as suggest/implement repairs
- Understand & follow all safety and cleanroom procedures
- Support team members, and assist in training others as required
- Deploy the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Team
- Develop, document, and maintain corporate facility programs for compliance
- Provide technical assistance and support to management and divisions.
- Provide training and educational resources to implement facilities programs
- Interpret federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to operations and inform management of implications
- Identify nonconformance, and participate in finding solutions
- Support production equipment installation and facilitation
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent technical certificate in electrical systems/equipment
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment (semiconductor manufacturing preferred)
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- New Mexico Electrician Journeyman license with 4+ years of field experience is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of facilities systems, including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, high purity and wastewater is desired
- Familiarity with CCTV,
fire and security alarm systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with high voltage, compressed gas systems, and gas control systems
- Understanding of electro-pneumatics, digital and analog electronics, and control systems
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional technical procedures or government regulations
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Extensive knowledge of job-related local, state, and federal regulations
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently complete multiple tasks
- Must be able to work well with others and with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to complete training and testing required to perform work while utilizing a full-face Air Purifying Respirator (APR) and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Regularly required to use hands
- Frequently required to sit, occasionally required to stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally exposed to warm, cold and outdoor temperatures, fumes,
or airborne particles
- Frequently required to work with and around chemicals
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.