Rocket Lab USA
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites,
enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
MANAGER, PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
Based out of Rocket Lab's new site in Albuquerque, New Mexico as part of the SolAero Technologies acquisition,
the Production Engineering Manager is responsible for directing the development and implementation of activities in manufacturing, test, and product engineering management. You will support the VP of Operations and Production organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Determine and review all manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing
- Coordinate all engineering releases and changes relative to routings, setting standards, data entry, and follow-up
- Determine priorities and implement cost-reduction projects; maintain detailed documentation as required
- Investigate, justify, purchase, and track all company assets
- Ensure conformity to safety regulations as well as internal safety practices
- Prepare all departmental budgets as necessary; ensure conformance as required
- Deploy the Quality Management System (QMS) as it applies to the scope of work
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS – (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of engineering management or leadership experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working in the semiconductor or aerospace industry
- Experience working with cleanrooms and their requirements
- Supervisory and budgetary skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Ability to read, analyze,
and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly required to use hands
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk
- Close vision, distant vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
BENEFITS AND LOCATION:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Albuquerque, NM – depending on position
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k match up to 3%
- 10 paid company holidays and 16 days of PTO
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
SolAero by Rocket Lab is based in Albuquerque (ABQ), in the heart of New Mexico.
ABQ offers both affordability and easy access to the outdoors and rich cultural centers such as museums and art galleries. With almost 300 days of sunshine a year, but also proximity to secluded ski slopes, there’s something for everyone who loves the outdoors. You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to try authentic New Mexican cuisine – a delicious blend of traditional Native American foods mixed with roasted green chiles. Fun fact: ABQ is the hot air ballooning capital of the world! It’s for all these reasons and more that New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.