Australian Capital Territory
APS5 Program Officer. 12 month contact. Canberra Location. $50-$55p/h + super.
Your new company
Located in central Canberra, this large government department has a heavy focus on developing policies and procedures to enhance world class research, policies and procedures in our nation.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Project Officer is to manage the impacts of products and materials on the environment and human health. This is a high-profile area of government policy directed at improving Australia’s recycling and waste management practices, and to accelerate Australia towards a circular economy.
- Passion for working with policy makers,
researchers and other stakeholders to achieve Australia’s ambitious waste management objectives
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and an ability to deliver within tight time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under limited direction and work autonomously or as part of a team
- Willingness to develop skills and knowledge in waste policy, and working across a broad range of stakeholders, including the ability to read and apply legislation and rules
- Effective stakeholder communication skills (both written and verbal) and stakeholder liaison skills
What you'll need to succeed
This large Government Department is well known for their career progression and looking after their staff. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive salary. If you are successful for the position you will be brought on an initial 12- month contract with possible extension.
You must be an Australian citizen and possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline personnel security clearance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact Jessica Davies on [email protected] or 0262573331 for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2443302