Coleman Rail has a long standing reputation as the leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia. Providing construction services for major rail and transport infrastructure projects Australia-wide.
The role of Surveyor reports to the Senior Surveyor and makes exact measurements onsite and provides data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation or dimension of land or land features for engineering, construction and other purposes. You will then coordinate these findings with the work of engineering and construction personnel, clients and others concerned with the project.
- Computation in LISCAD and site set out of earthworks, structures, piles, walls, capping beams, grids,
assets/services/utilities, roads, rail, etc.
- Mapping, volume, as-built and comparison audit surveys, with lot testing and reporting
- Investigation and pickup of assets, services and utilities, comparing them against design in AutoCAD 3D (compute long section and cross section, output in CAD), ensuring our works are clear of any services
- Design check and computation for output with LISCAD
- Monitoring of wall and building structure for movement and settlement
- Survey control establishment and control network monitoring
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations
- Using 3D modelling for ground, underground and above-ground, review design packages and generate QA and conformance reports
- Present survey plans clearly and concisely at meetings, highlighting critical design and construction issues
- Manage design documentation and its control (e.g. drawings, specifications and reports)
- Action items requested by the authorities in seeking approvals under the direction of the Senior Surveyor and/or Survey Team Manager
- Correctly interpret specifications and plans and digital models
- Calibrate and maintain survey equipment to the required standards
- Participate in preparing redesigns as required by the project team
- Implement survey procedures effectively and efficiently during the course of the survey works for the project duration
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering) and/or relevant tertiary education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a construction/engineering environment (including 2+ years working in a similar position within rail on a Tier 1 construction company.
- 12 months proven experience working on a Level Crossing Removal Project
- Proficient in the use of 12D is desirable
- Experience with Leica Total Stations and Leica GNSS
- Construction Induction Training (CIT/’White Card’, formerly a ‘Red Card’), obtained via face-to-face training, not online
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.”
- Rail Industry Worker (RIW) Card, with appropriate training, inductions, competencies, roles and medical to perform your duties, ensuring this card is current at all times
- Current Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity, we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and all minority groups.
Application Deadline: 24/12/2020
Expected Start Date: 11/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $148,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor Degree (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)