Do you enjoy working with your hands and being outdoors? Do you have the ability to think on your feet and be a problem-solver? Are you willing and able to work on your own without direct supervision?
Pond Works is a dynamic business that Designs, builds and maintains ponds and water features throughout South East Queensland. We build relationships with our clients by providing excellence in our products and service and we continue to stay educated on the latest innovations in our industry. At present we seeking a Pond and Water Feature Technician
About the role:
The task involves draining ponds, taking out the fish (if present), removing debris and sludge, power-washing the pond, pruning and fertilising plants.
This is a hard and often very dirty job. The job is not just limited to cleaning of ponds and water features and also calls for diagnosis of potential issues related to water clarity, water loss, reduced water flow, and other issues as they arise.
When building a new ponds or water features – The task involves digging, carrying stones, shovelling pebble, planting plants, etc. Once again this is a hard and often very dirty job. While we mainly service the greater Brisbane area the task could be located anywhere in south east Queensland
- Valid drivers license
- Must have own Reliable transportation
- Must be available Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 6PM
- Able to lift up to 40 kgs
- Must be able to bend, stoop and squat throughout an 8 hour shift
- Willing to get hands dirty and work outside under adverse weather conditions
- Must be Safety-conscious
- Must possess Good communication skills
- Knowledge of pond or aquarium industry highly regarded
- Basic Plumbing and Electrical knowledge highly regarded
- Willingness to complete online training
- the ability to follow direction and be accountable for your performance
- Move in and out of wet ponds, walking on wet liner, unstable ground, gravel, and soft soils.
- Able to pass drug and alcohol test
- Must have valid ABN
- Must be a permanent resident of Australia
If you think you have what it takes to join our team please submit a cover letter and your resume
Job Types: Casual, Subcontract
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)