New South Wales
Our client is a large horticulture company which specialises in potatoes and onions, with major cropping areas and processing and packing facilities throughout Australia. The company has farm production sites in the Riverland and Mallee regions of South Australia, and in the Central West of New South Wales. This business is thriving and is undergoing very strong growth in both domestic and international sales, and they continue to need outstanding people to underpin this expansion of operations and production.
The company requires an Work Health & Safety Advisor to be responsible for the safety, training and operating procedure development at all of their farming operations at Hillston in NSW.
The role reports to the Farm General Manager. This position is responsible for the risk management activities of the operations ensuring that assessments are conducted, reported and appropriate action taken to mitigate the risk in compliance with WHS legislation.
- Implement, execute, maintain and continuously improve farm WHS management systems ensuring its consistency across other sectors of the Company
- Drive and influence the implementation of best practice WHS processes
- Provide timely and effective WHS advice to stakeholders across the farming sector
- Carry out WHS legislative compliance checks and auditing including hazard identification, risk assessment and control implementation
- Take a hands on approach to WHS improvement initiatives and actions
- Ensure that all operations have full compliance to relevant WHS legislation
- Research legislation, technical information ensuring it is up to date and readily available
This role requires the following skills and experience:
- Good communication skills (will work with high level management through to production workers (non- English speaking)
- Ability to read/understand and implement WHS legislative requirements into the workplace
- WHS background preferred or a commitment to upskilling which will include WHS study
- Ability to investigate a situation, recommend prevention measures and see that all tasks have been completed
- Applicants with a HR background may also suit this role
Remuneration and Location
There is an competitive salary package on offer to attract the right person for this role. The role is based at Hillston in NSW.
Please apply online. Phone Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director on 0419012841 or email [email protected] for a confidential discussion on the role if required.