After an impressive debut in 2013, the Tropicana gold mine has consistently achieved or beaten performance targets. Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Independence Group NL (30%), this large-scale, modern open pit gold operation has been one of the most significant Australian gold discoveries of the last decade.
Along with continued investment and focus on our open pit mining, Tropicana has also recently commenced underground operations at Boston Shaker.
Tropicana has now established itself as an industry leader in operational excellence, offering an attractive working environment and contemporary accommodation and facilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to complete a Mechanical (Fixed Plant) Apprenticeship at our Tropicana Gold Mine.
Accountable to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors, you will be responsible for assisting other tradespersons to gain the knowledge and experience required to complete the Fixed Plant Mechanical Trade.
You will be exposed to scheduled and unscheduled mechanical maintenance activities and execute duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all statutory and AGAA standard requirements.
This role is based at Tropicana Gold Mine on an 8/6 roster flying from either Perth or Kalgoorlie.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster team building
- Willingness to learn and increase knowledge in alignment with Apprentice and Departmental training
- Work with attention to detail
- Work safely and not create or ignore hazards
- Allow experienced team members to lead you and be proactive in seeking guidance
- Computer literacy with the ability to use Microsoft Office products and data base systems
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices
- Current "C" Class Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Completion of Year 12 - English and Maths competencies (desirable)
- Able to attain a National Police Clearance
- Existing and ongoing Permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
School leavers and those who have completed a pre-apprenticeship are encouraged to apply. Applications close 27/11/20.
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
This is an excellent opportunity which offers a competitive remuneration package, challenging work and career development prospects within a global mining company.
If you are not a current AngloGold Ashanti employee please apply online by clicking here
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.
Internal AngloGold Ashanti employees interested in applying for this role must first complete the Request to Transfer form available on SharePoint which must be approved by their Manager then attached with the application via Success Factors