Department of Health
Location: Melbourne | CBD
Job type: Full time / Until 30 June 2021
Organisation: Department of Health
Salary: $87,640 - $99,438
The Department of Health plays a critical role in the Victorian health system and is responsible for shaping it to meet the health needs of Victorians into the future. We also lead the Victorian Government's response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Working with our partners, we oversee Victoria's health system including mental health, ageing and aged care and preventive health.
We are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well equipped and highly motivated to provide responsive and quality services to all Victorians. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees for innovation and delivering services.
Application Closes: 1 March 2021
Role: Team Coordinator, Engagement and Surveillance (Role until - 30 June 2021)
Number of vacancies available: 1
Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from home
Reporting to the Acting Director, Population Engagement and Testing this role will be responsible for coordination and support to the leadership team, playing a critical role in the effective operation of the Engagement & Surveillance (Engagement) team. Key aspects of the role include supporting the leadership team in preparing well written briefings to support strategic decision making, executive briefings and governance, preparation of daily situational reports to ensure the smooth functioning of the team and overall coordination of team activities.
- Passionate about leading Victoria's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and improving community safety, health and wellbeing
- An effective communicator with strong capabilities in relationship building and collaborative working to solve problems
- Experienced in developing high quality written briefings and reports to support program operations, leadership, governance and decision making
- A proactive self-starter who can effectively coordinate activities and provide instructions to team members on job responsibilities
- Support the leadership team by leveraging strong writing skills to prepare and present quality reports and work briefings in accordance with the department's project management processes.
- Collaborate and build relationship across the team and problem solve routine issues to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- Provide routine instructions to team members on job responsibilities
- Ensure goal directed orientation plans for new team members and provide input on individual and group training needs.
- Build and maintain positive relationships across the department and the wider sector to build a user centric culture and to achieve stakeholder alignment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, build strong relationships and achieve alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Keep accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's records, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
- Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role and work unit impact clients and the department's ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services
- Take utmost care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
- Support the leadership team with compiling daily situation reports, roster management, document management. Responsibilities include monitoring and responding to incoming queries in the shared mailbox, including complex issues, complaints and general enquiries.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your interest in this position.