Location: Jandakot, WA, AU, 6164
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time, twelve (12)
month maximum term position available at our Jandakot Prinsep Rd Depot.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for supporting the preparation of proposals, evaluation and negotiation of contracts in order to drive efficiencies and improvements across a supplier base to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the annual Approved Works Program (AWP) or other relevant programs of work. This position also participates in contract implementation activities following award, and ongoing contract administration which defines, implements and monitors interface procedures in line with Western Power’s Contract Management Framework.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Law or Commerce or relevant and demonstrated extensive industry experience of at least 8 to 10 years
- Sound knowledge and proven understanding of contract management principles with at least 4 to 5 years contract management experience
- Ability to show guidance, communication effectively, have good interpersonal skills, complimented by influencing/negotiation skills
- Ability to implement change and innovation, internally and via contract arrangements
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels within a corporate environment
- Ability to interpret legislation with regards to contract law
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 09/03/2021