College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education (SHEE)
- Fixed-term 12 months, Full time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Level 0405 | $61k-$75k plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 1258F12/202660
At Murdoch, we pride ourselves on our diverse and vibrant workplace. We are committed to the recruitment and development of skilled and passionate people, who want to make a difference to the world around them. With more than 23,000 students and 1,700 staff across three campuses in the Perth area as well as centres in Singapore and Dubai, Murdoch has an ambitious agenda both locally and internationally.
You thrive on being part of a team who focuses on safe use of instrumentation and general laboratory techniques. You enjoy working in a laboratory setting and find it exciting to contribute towards the University’s important education projects and labs.
About the Role
The laboratory technician will deliver teaching and research technical services within the College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education, especially in the discipline of Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry and Physics.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- A tertiary degree in Chemistry or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Previous experience in Chemistry laboratories and experience with Occupational, Health and Safety issues associated with Chemical laboratory operation.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal skills, and the demonstrated ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy and proficiency in the production of high level work using software such as Microsoft Office applications and specified University software programs, with the capability and willingness to learn new packages as appropriate.
- A commitment to Social Justice Principals.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
What you’ll get in return:
You will be part of a professional and talented team of professionals, working in an innovative and lively university campus.
Our people enjoy a natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic