Life Without Barriers
Job no: 495989
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 7,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
House Profile & Role
Working with the house team to support clients and provide high quality services and achieve positive client outcomes with an all-male group of 6 clients with varying complex medical, physical and behaviour support needs. This is a great opportunity to join a positive and supportive team assisting clients achieve positive outcomes in terms of skills, decision making and independence. The clients enjoy a range of activities including swimming, movies, bowling and health and leisure pursuits and have lived together for an extended period of time. Working together another allied health professionals and external stakeholders (including families and other networks) to ensure a positive and responsive environment to meet clients needs.
Rostered shifts are: Fortnightly roster split: FN1 28:30 FN2 33.30 hrs and include a combination of mornings and afternoon/evening shifts and weekend working.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Previous experience managing behaviours of concern
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is essential
- Demonstrated compliance with the NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers
Successful candidates will be required to undertake full compliance and probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check (International Criminal History Record Check if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years), a Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence are essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Fortnightly roster split: FN1 28:30 FN2 33.30 hrs
How to Apply: Job Ref 495989 Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact [email protected]
Applications close at midnight on the 9th March 2021. Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).
Advertised: 23 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Mar 2021 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time