Legal Aid Commission, Office of the
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary package up to 127K
- Talent Pool created for future vacancies in the next 18 months
ABOUT LEGAL AID NSW
Legal Aid NSW is the largest legal aid agency in Australia, comprising of a Central Sydney office and 25 regional offices in metropolitan and regional centres across NSW and a number of specialist services and advice clinics. Working at Legal Aid NSW provides the opportunity to support people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women and children, Indigenous people and people with mental illness who may experience difficulties when enforcing and defending their rights.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Solicitor I-III role will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality advice, minor assistance and casework service to disadvantaged communities
- Conducting an effective legal practice
- Complying with the Legal Aid Commission Act, policies and practice management standards and undertaking all related administrative and case management activities.
We are looking for passionate Solicitors with experience in family law and care and protection matters. Your strong communication skills will enable you to provide efficient and effective legal services to clients of Legal Aid from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Admission or eligibility for admission as a legal practitioner in NSW
- Ability to provide a valid Practising Certificate upon commencement
- Willingness to undertake a Criminal Record Check and/or working with Children Check
- Hold Australian or NZ citizenship, Australian Permanent Resident for current and future ongoing vacancies.
- Hold Australian or NZ citizenship, Australian Permanent Resident, or a valid working visa for future temporary vacancies.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications MUST be submitted online through www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au to be considered. No late applications will be accepted.
Applicants should read the Role Description and consider the Focus Capabilities and Key Accountabilities when preparing their resume and cover letter.
Applicants are requested to attach:
• current resume / curriculum vitae (CV) (maximum 5 pages)
• cover letter (maximum 2 pages) responding to the following two questions:
1. What post admission experience do you have in the conduct of Family Law and Care and Protection matters?
2. What are the challenges in representing socially and/or economically disadvantaged clients?
Please save your CV and Cover Letter as 'LAST NAME, First name - CV/Cover Letter' in PDF or word format.
This recruitment will be used to fill any current vacancies and may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future temporary or ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 18 months.
The selection process will include a range of comparative assessment techniques to assist in determining capability and suitability for the role.
To ensure recruitment at Legal Aid NSW continues without interruption during the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual methods may be used for interviews and assessments. This may include interviews conducted by video, telephone interviewing, Microsoft Teams meetings and online assessments.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Legal Aid NSW welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTI community, culturally diverse people and other diverse communities.
Legal Aid NSW provides dignified access to accommodate the diverse needs of our community. We acknowledge and support the access needs of people with visible and invisible disabilities, as such all of our offices are accessible.
If you require a reasonable adjustment in order to participate in the recruitment process, or you are looking for general information about our reasonable adjustment process, please contact our team via email, and advise your preferred method of communication: [email protected]
• x1 Ongoing Opportunity at Campbelltown (35HPW)
- Temporary & Ongoing Talent Pool
- Family Law
- Enquiries: Convenor Maureen Power on (02) 9219 5128 or [email protected]
- Applying for a Role
- Working at Legal Aid NSW
• Salary Range: $77,811 - $115,362 plus superannuation & leave loading
- Jobs Board Ref No. 000085FV
- Closing Date: Tuesday, 9 March 2021 [11:59pm]