Wyndham City Council
- Permanent, full-time or flexible, Wyndham based
- Salary from $115,963.56 pa plus super
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
The Team Leader Building Permits and Inspections will supervise, guide and mentor a team dealing with a range of projects including public buildings, commercial and residential developments.
The Team Leader will act as the delegate for the Municipal Building Surveyor and ensure compliance with the Building Act 1993, Building Regulations, Australian Standards and other relevant statutory law obligations, providing advice on applications for proposed subdivision and town planning permits, food and health registrations, implement systems to improve efficiency, develop policies and business plans.
What you’ll deliver
- Inspections for all classes of buildings & reports ensuring compliance with building permits and legislation
- Expert advice on provisions & interpretation of building legislation, codes & standards
- Lead, develop, mentor & support staff to achieve organisational goals
- Promote the service offerings of Building Services Unit, build and foster relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Assess plans, prepare approvals and permits, review and issue Building Notices and Orders
What you’ll bring
- Building Surveying degree
- Registered Building Surveyor (Unlimited) with the Victorian Building Authority
- Extensive experience in building surveying & inspections for all classes of buildings
- Highly developed customer service, public relations, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience leading & managing staff
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude.
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Philip Wilson, Coordinator & Municipal Building Surveyor on 9742 0759.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM Monday 8 March 2021.
Wyndham City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.