Australian Red Cross Lifeblood
- Opportunity to save lives
- Part-time Opportunities and Fixed Term until March 2022 - 18 hours per week - must be available for 7 day operational rotating roster
- Brisbane Processing Centre, Kelvin Grove, QLD
At Lifeblood, we’re here for all Australians and although our life-giving role started over 90 years ago with blood, today we support more people in more ways than ever before.
We also help to facilitate the donation of tissue, organs, breast milk, and other life-giving biological products. Plus, we deliver world-class research and provide expertise in diagnostic, transplantation and other clinical services.
Everyone at Lifeblood is united through the power of humanity to build a healthier nation.
We strive for an inclusive environment where people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected, connected, and able to contribute to the best of their ability, with equal access to opportunities and resources.
About the role:
We're currently seeking a part-time Processing Technician until March 2022 to receipt, process, separates and stores fractions of whole blood components to aid in the efficient, sufficient and timely production and distribution of safe blood and blood products.
Youll continually look for ways to optimise work processes, actively learning and adapting your approach to achieve great outcomes. Youll also act with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm and be able to relate openly and comfortably with everyone. You will value interpersonal savvy and self-awareness and reflect on your own strengths and areas for development, making you a valued contributor.
- Receipt and labelling of whole blood components
- Separation of whole blood and rapid freeze plasma
- Perform standardised routine work processes in temperature-controlled environment (from -35 degrees)
- Manual handling including lifting weights up to 13 kgs and working above shoulder height
- Working off surfaces that are of a fixed height
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes
- Experience with operations in a regulated production environment
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver outcomes to required standards
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a collaborative working style
- An ability to participate in a flexible roster working variable shifts
- Customer focused with the ability to identify improvement initiatives
- An outstanding team player who supports the achievement of shared goals
- Self-motivate with excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Salary packaging program (allowing you to make the most of your salary)
- Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
- Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
- Internal programs focused on your wellbeing and safety
We’re a fast-paced business, so we aim to progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we receive applications. This may mean the role is filled prior to the advertising close date.
As part of our recruitment process, you’ll be required to complete and clear a national criminal history check, employment history check, reference and a validation of Australian working rights.
For further details on this position please contact Meg Andrews at [email protected]
Salary is determined using the Lifeblood-specific Scientist Enterprise Agreement. This position is classified under Laboratory & Processing Grade 2.
Lifeblood’s top priority is the safety of our donors, staff, volunteers and, of course, blood recipients. Blood and plasma donation remains absolutely vital, and as healthcare settings, our blood donor centres remain open and our teams are ready to welcome donors who are healthy and well.
Our donor centres are safe places and we’ve always adhered to strict sanitation protocols. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve implemented further measures to help protect our donors and our teams too. For further information on this, please visit our website for updates.