Child Safety, Youth and Women
The Specialist Services Coordinator provides support to enable the department to provide high quality, integrated and coordinated services to children and young people in the tertiary child protection system who have complex and extreme behavioural, psychological, emotional, disability and mental health needs.
The Specialist Services Coordinator coordinates the provision of services, builds and maintains strong collaborative partnerships across the region and with service providers to ensure an integrated and coordinated service delivery response.
Job Type: Permanent
Position Type: Flexible-full-time
Location: Brisbane - North
Yearly Salary: $97704 - $105087
Contact Name: Boonliang Springer
Closing Date: 09-MAR-21
- Contribute to and maintain a culture of client service, high performance and the delivery of quality outcomes.
- Provide specialist clinical expertise and advice to the Director, Principal Specialist Services Coordinator and Child Safety staff, families and carers.
- Build and sustain strong collaborative partnerships that promote and support the integration and coordination of service delivery.
- Identify and facilitate innovative and proactive strategies for the delivery of business and administrative systems and processes that support efficient and cost effective solutions to deliver quality Specialist Services Team services and comply with legislative and/or policy and procedural obligations.
- Contribute to and maintain a partnership approach with regional staff and stakeholders to achieve a shared commitment to departmental and directorate policy and program outcomes.
- Identify and brief the Principal Specialist Services Coordinator on emerging operational issues that impact on children and young people who have complex and extreme behavioural, psychological, emotional, disability and mental health needs.
- Contribute to the implementation of policies, procedures and practices in a regional service delivery environment.
- Work effectively in a 'hub and spoke' model as part of a coordinated community of practice, using a consultancy and liaison approach to ensure specialist, integrated and coordinated service delivery to children, young people, families and carers.
Is this role for you? Please consider the following capability requirements.
To be successful in this role you will be required to demonstrate capability in the following areas:
- Technical/role specific - High level experience working with children and young people with complex and extreme behavioural, psychological, emotional, disability and mental health needs, and a strong cultural capability focus.
- Supports strategic direction - Understand and support the organisation's vision, mission and business objectives while contributing to the development of plans, strategies and team goals.
- Achieves results - Reviews ongoing performance and identifies opportunities for improvement. Demonstrates flexibility and copes effectively with day-to-day work changes. Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes for the business unit.
- Supports productive working relationships - Builds and sustains positive relationships with other team members, stakeholders and clients. Operates as an effective member of the team and works collaboratively. Recognises the positive benefits that can be gained from diversity and explores diverse views.
- Displays personal drive and integrity - Adopts a principled approach and adheres to public service values and Code of Conduct. Acts professionally and impartially at all times and operates within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and policy constraints. Focuses on achieving objectives even in challenging circumstances.
- Communicates with influence - Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner. Seeks to understand the audience and tailors communication style and messaging, both orally and in writing. Listens carefully to others and checks to ensure people's views have been understood and identifies expectations and concerns.
***Although this position is located in South Brisbane staff are expected to travel in and around North Brisbane and Moreton Bay.***
Applications to remain current for 12 months.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.