About the role:
We are currently seeking two experienced Mechanical Fitter’s at our Wilpinjong Mine.
Our Wilpinjong Mine is an open-cut mine located 58 kilometres northeast of Mudgee producing a high quality thermal coal for export and domestic markets. Wilpinjong uncovers and mines coal utilising dozer push and truck and shovel methods and last year sold 14 million tons of coal. The fleet at Wilpinjong mine includes CAT 789, 793, 785 and Terex MT400 trucks, 16M & 14M graders, D10 and D11 dozers and Liebherr 9350, 9400 and CAT 6060 excavators.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor,
the scope of your role will be to you will complete planned an unplanned maintenance of Peabody mining equipment as directed by the Leading Hand / Supervisor to the required standards. These roles may undertake either workshop or field-based maintenance.
Duties will include:
- Compliance with site Safety and Health Management system requirements (including risk management, SOP’s, permits, work instructions etc.)
- Prioritise and undertake specified and/or general work to the required standard and within timeframes
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy work environment
- Minimise production downtime
- Participate in and complete shift change, site meetings, communications or reporting requirements to the required standard
- Actively engage in the in the Continuous Improvement Program
This position is offered on a lifestyle roster and the majority of employees live locally in Mudgee, Gulgong or surrounds. Employees living locally may have the ability to salary sacrifice up to 50% of mortgage interest or rental payments.
- Mechanical trade qualification
- A demonstrated commitment to safety as a way of life
- Experience in maintaining and servicing excavators, mobile earthmoving equipment and / or fixed plant
- Knowledge of conducting safety inspections and completing JSEA’s, risk assessments and permits
- A commitment to be an effective team player, including a positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be the world’s leading pure-play coal company. We employ over 5,000 people and have 18 operations in the United States and Australia serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products.
Our mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life. Our employees are guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
At Peabody, we:
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its Australian operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us. Applications close, 5pm Wednesday 16 December 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.