Opportunity for a senior allied health leader with a background in Dietetics, Speech Pathology or Psychology to join our dynamic allied health management team.
- Grade 4 multi-professional Manager
- Permanent 0.8EFT to Full Time position
- Key leadership position working primarily at Werribee Mercy Hospital and across Mercy Hospital for Women
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and management to Dietetics, Speech and paediatric Psychology teams
- Covering subacute and acute adult services as well as paediatric and neonatal care
- Oversight of service delivery, clinical governance, quality, research and learning
- Work in collaboration with allied health management and others to promote service innovation and integration for best patient care
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant allied health profession and eligibility for membership of relevant allied health professional body or association, or
- Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist with endorsement as a supervisor
- Relevant post graduate qualification, or working towards this
- You will have had significant experience in leading an allied health department or multidisciplinary teams in a management role in a complex health care environment
- You will be committed to continuous improvement, lifelong learning, have a “can do” attitude, and are able to mobilise others to innovate and drive change
Mercy Hospitals Victoria Ltd incorporates: Mercy Hospital for Women, a fully accredited Level 6 Specialist Teaching Hospital in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Neonatology, Anaesthetics and Gynaecological Oncology; and Werribee Mercy Hospital, a General Public Hospital with services including surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. This hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new Intensive Care Unit, additional Operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Meredith Swaby, Director Allied Health
- Email: [email protected] Phone: 0407360595
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.