Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, agency, or related fields.
- Understanding of the search, online advertising, or web publishing market; penchant for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics and strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Deep understanding of Google's advertising products and the technology industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop product strategy/positioning, business plans, customer and market insights, analyze campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with internal and external partners
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Google Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company's product portfolio to end users, partners and customers worldwide. Within Google Marketing, Small and Medium sized Business (SMB) Marketing is tasked with helping small businesses thrive online and building healthy digital economies. If you have a passion for helping small businesses succeed, driving fast-paced growth of Google in Australia, and working with teams across the world, then this might be the place for you.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), you will be part of the APMM Program, Google’s global early-career program. As the start of your career in Marketing at Google, the APMM Program provides the skills you will need to become a successful digital Marketer. You can find more information about the APMM program on the Google job site at this (link.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Own and develop integrated marketing programs to find, attract, acquire, and engage hard-to-reach small to medium business advertisers in Australia and New Zealand and analyze marketing programs to optimize overall results.
- Lead advertiser acquisition marketing campaigns through all phases of the campaign lifecycle, including strategy and creative development, audience segmentation and targeting, execution to exacting brand standards, coordination with outsourced and in-house sales and support partners, and measurement of results and ROI.
- Fully own and execute core online and offline direct marketing channels and budgets including cross-sell, direct mail, search and display advertising.
- Build Google's brand and support new small to medium business (SMB) clients through growing key marketing partnerships with B2B businesses, associations, and media companies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.