About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere,
to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Power Station Operator – Electrical – FIFO
Aggreko is the global leader in generator and temperature control hire with locations throughout the world. We are a major player in the global power market and a publicly owned company listed on the London Stock Exchange Top 200. Our local operations span across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced WA based FIFO Electrician to work as a Power Station Operator at our WA based project mine site. This role will see you responsible for managing, maintaining and running all aspects of an 'Own and Operate' a Solar, Gas & Diesel power Station. The Operator will be highly driven, highly flexible and possesses the ability to think on their feet.
This role will report to the Projects Operations Manager and will be on a roster basis 15 days on and 13 days FIFO from Perth. The suitable candidate will be highly driven, highly flexible and possesses the ability to think on their feet.
- Managing company's QHSE policies and procedures on sites.
- Maintain site maintenance programme for all Aggreko equipment.
- Ensure optimum stock levels of spares and consumables for the site requirements.
- Carry out quarterly fleet & equipment verification, stock and cable counts in timely manner
- Maintain accurate running hour reports, energy readings as required.
- Carry out all electrical servicing and minor repairs as required.
- Daily/weekly operational reports
- Be familiar with operation and maintenance of Diesel / Gas Power Stations
- Trade qualification as a current qualified electrician.
- Undertake and successfully pass a National police check
- Able to pass drug and alcohol screening
- CPR/ LVR certification advantageous
- Level 2 First Aid
- Current motor vehicle driver's license and forklift license
Joining the Aggreko team will entitle you to….
- Collaborative and connected team, who will offer support and guidance in skilled development.
- Employee Reward and Value Programs; including EAP and other benefits
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity employer, dedicated to providing a work environment in which everyone feels safe, included, treated fairly and with respect. We embrace diversity and invite female and Indigenous applicants to consider working at Aggreko.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.