NSW Ministry of Health
Role Title: Finance Analyst – Cash Transformation
Employment Type: Temporary Full-time, up to June 2023
Role Classification: Crown Clerk Grade 7/8
Remuneration: $97,443 - $107,864 pa (plus superannuation and annual leave loading)
Hours per Week: 35
Location: St Leonards
Requisition ID: REQ215912
Closing Date: Tuesday 9 March, 11.59pm.
About this role
Working within the exciting new Cash Transformation Program, the Finance Analyst – Cash Transformation is responsible for working with the project teams to develop, support and implement the design of the future banking structure and cash flows for NSW Health,
ensuring the structure meets requirements of NSW Treasury and compliance with the Government Sector Finance Act 2018. This role will provide project advice to support the achievement of NSW Health’s outcomes in relation to the Cash Transformation Program objectives.
The Cash Management team at the NSW Ministry of Health are responsible for driving transformative designs and directions for NSW Health’s cash and banking framework and policies across NSW Health through to implementation ensuring effective cash and liquidity management for the whole Health system.
Cash Management strategy involves ensuring that appropriate cash assets are available to fund the Health system priorities and ensure sustainable Health outcomes over forward years. This role focuses on key Ministry functions relating to channelling funding cash flows from Commonwealth and State government sources through to the Local Health Districts and business units to ensure funds are available when and where they are required to service the state’s Health needs.
This is a key role in Health’s transformative work underway in the Cash and Banking space, modernising and improving business practice and procedures and enhancing the overall administrative design to allow Health entities to focus on delivering front line Health services.
Where you'll be working
Based at the new state-of-the-art 1 Reserve Road building in St Leonards, the Ministry offers a flexible and agile working environment allowing employees to balance their work and home environment, and link to teams and people across the Health system easily and professionally.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Director, Cash Management, the Finance Analyst – Cash Transformation will be working in a number of projects over the course of the Cash Transformation Program providing and preparing advice to ensure designs for cash funding flows will be successfully implemented and managed under the new cash and banking structure.
You will be responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of a new central cash and banking administration function, including reviewing and documenting reporting and performance measures for whole of state cash management, testing enhancements and promoting improvements to the Statewide Cash Forecasting Tool to ensure NSW Treasury requirements are met, and balance NSW Health liquidity needs. This will involve supporting negotiations with NSW Treasury to ensure compliance with the Government Sector Finance Act 2018 within NSW Health and in alignment with Treasury directives.
The role involves working within an agile project management structure, delivering incremental and regular benefits to the Health system and instilling a culture of continuous improvement in the Financial System Performance branch.
Need more information?
- Find out more about applying for this position
- All applicants must attach a response to the two targeted questions (1-2 pages) and your CV (no more than 5 pages)
- A Recruitment Pool may be created for future vacancies at the same/equivalent salary level
- Please note this is a temporary role, there may be opportunities for potential to ongoing employment at the same grade
For role related queries or questions contact Sandra Mulder on [email protected]
If you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Hana Maalla on [email protected]
Targeted Questions (1-2 pages)
If you do not include responses to the below questions your application will not be considered.
1) Provide a specific example of how you have used your experience in cash management and forecasting involving high value transactions in a large complex environment to identify a system or process improvement to benefit your team’s or another team’s workload. What did you do and what was the outcome?
2) Describe a time when you have had to self-manage an important task through to completion which was time sensitive and required a high degree of accuracy. How did you ensure the deadline was met, and what method or methods did you use to ensure accuracy?
The Ministry of Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To be eligible for employment in these roles you must be one of the following:
- an Australian Citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia, or
- a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or
- a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia, and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia
To learn more about working at the Ministry of Health, please visit our career portal.
Applications Close: Tuesday 9 March, 11.59pm.