The Gemba Group
Full-time, Sydney, Australia
Emerge straight out of university into a decorated sports consultancy agency
Step out from the same boring stuff, and step into a world of sport and entertainment. As a Graduate Insights Analyst, this is your opportunity to take everything you know and apply it to an industry you love, with a team that treats their employees like superstars. Cricket Australia, Supercars, Australian Grand Prix, Football Australia, Channel Nine and Toyota are just a few of the big brands you’ll get your hands on. In fact, you’ll be playing a key role in developing world-class research projects for the biggest brands in the best Insights, Strategy and Communications agency in the game.
What is the role?
Working closely with Gemba’s Marketing and Strategy teams, the Graduate Insights Analyst, will be responsible for project managing, implementing and reporting world-class research projects for Gemba clients, applying both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Examples of our high-profile projects include a multi-country research study to support the licensing strategy for FIFA and conducting game journey’s and Egroups to understand the New Zealand Rugby fan. You will also play a key role in managing the biggest Sport and Entertainment proprietary research program, which is active in over 20 markets around the world.
You will be required to deliver high quality client deliverables through efficient and effective practices. This includes supporting the development of research methodologies and questionnaires, extracting data from databases and proactively looking for potential insights and then preparing reports for clients in an impactful manner.
There will be opportunities to develop your consulting skills by working frequently and closely with internal and external stakeholders including Gemba clients and research partners. This is a great opportunity to take on responsibility for specific research initiatives and maintaining relationships.
Who are we looking for?
This key role requires an Insights Graduate with 1-2 years of market research experience within a company (preferably consulting /agency side) with a focus on managing research projects on behalf of a range of clients. Quantitative research skills are a must with qualitative experience an added bonus. A good understanding of general business principles, with relevant tertiary qualifications in commerce, marketing, statistics or market research is essential as is a passion to build a career in market research, focusing on Sport & Entertainment. Advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills are required as is experience with Q software (and/or SPSS or similar software) and Questionnaire design. Additional skills and experience required include –
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced data manipulation and processing skills
- Strong understanding of data quality control measures
- A clear understanding of questionnaire design principles and question formats
- Some advanced statistical capabilities are an advantage (e.g. regression / path analysis) and experience with Q Software / SPSS also a strong plus!
- A proven ability to manage research trackers, including technical aspects of sampling and quota management
- The ability to understand and interpret business/marketing information and research
- A proven capability in identifying and communicating key insights
- The ability to prepare Insights driven documents for clients
- Being confident in dealing with clients including presenting report findings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Qualitative research capabilities are an advantage, or at a minimum you must have the desire to learn how to undertake qualitative projects
- Experience with dashboards (management/uploads) is also favourable but not essential
- Last but not least, a strong passion for Sport and Entertainment!
This is a great opportunity to join the Gemba team who are well respected as thought leaders in the exciting and dynamic Sports and Entertainment industry.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and COVER LETTER should be addressed to our People & Culture team.
Applications close Friday 12th of March 2021
Note: All candidates require working rights of this country to perform the role.
Tenka supports flexible working hours and will consider job share for this role.
Recruitment Agencies, we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!