Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 5 years of experience managing a team of engineering and/or security operations professionals for a distributed organization.
- 5 years of direct technical experience as an individual contributor security professional prior to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You are a recognized expert in at least two security domains and use your leadership skills to manage a team that sets the direction and goals for solving Google-wide problems. You identify fundamental security problems at Google and drives major security improvements in Google infrastructure.
The Automation, Triage & Compliance (ATC) team is responsible for operating high volume processes throughout Google’s Security and Privacy organization. As we operate these processes, we seek to automate and simplify them. As a Security Engineering Manager, you will help the team meet its technical and operational objectives, quickly grow team members in their careers, and enable personal growth. ATC is where we incubate the world’s next generation of security engineering talent. You will also have the opportunity to have an impact on the future of our field.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Ensure the team meets its operational and technical responsibilities.
- Operate security and privacy processes, such as vendor security assessments, ACL reviews, and app whitelist reviews.
- Develop tools to automate workflows to reduce time per task.
- Collaborate with teams such as Engineering, Legal, Communications and Policy in resolving exciting challenges and helping Google maintain situational awareness.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.