Hope Community Services
- Casual position location in Geraldton
- Level 2 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry award 2010
- Additional regional allowance
- HOPE has been a community service in Western Australia for over a century, providing much needed support to people affected by alcohol and other drugs, mental ill-health, youth justice issues and socioeconomic disadvantage.
HOPE has been a community service in Western Australia for over a century, providing much needed support to people affected by alcohol and other drugs, mental ill-health, youth justice issues and socioeconomic disadvantage.
We are looking for people who are creative, motivated,
and focused on ensuring positive experiences and outcomes for our clients.
About the role:
As a Residential Support Worker, you will work with other staff to create a safe and respectful home environment for young people to assist them to take responsibility and make healthy life choices. You are a dedicated and enthusiastic person who can build rapport with young people and role model socially appropriate behaviour and language. You are proactive in engaging young people in a variety of activities to give them learning opportunities. You can deal with challenging behaviours in a calm manner, are able to use your initiative and can work with minimal direction; you will be a flexible team member and can take direction, as required.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and set boundaries for our clients, underpinned by the service rules and guidelines.
- Responding to clients with co-occurring mental health concerns in a non-judgmental and compassionate manner.
- Educating and support clients to develop goals and strategies to manage their wellbeing.
- Providing care and support to our clients
- Maintaining a clean and healthy home environment.
Requirements of the role:
- National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children check
- Current WA Drivers license
- Current first aid certificate.
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment form PSD0001 verification of identification by Department of Corrective Services (DCS).
- Completed or studying towards a certificate in Mental Health, and/or Community Services.
- Experience working with challenging young people.