Parramatta City Council
The Council Media and Communications officer will work collaboratively as part of the Media and Communications team to develop and implement strategic communications and public relations campaigns that increase the positive profile of City of Parramatta Council initiatives and events.
On a daily basis you will:
- Liaise with Council staff responsible for key programs, services and activities to develop and implement communications campaigns.
- Write media releases, and other communications materials including newsletters and campaign collateral.
- Foster relationships with key media and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement PR campaigns for Council events and initiatives.
About the person
The successful candidate should have a minimum of two years’ previous experience in developing and implementing effective public relations and communications strategies and activities for a range of diverse audiences, and a strong understanding and experience in working with digital channels and developing digital communications strategies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations (or another relevant discipline), or another appropriate qualification combined with relevant media and communications experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of media contacts across a range of local, metropolitan and specialist news media.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to work with initiative and versatility on a wider range of matters, including solving a range of complex problems.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $90,257.13 plus Superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits that can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Media and Communications Manager Alice Coote on 9806 5803.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 5pm, 5 May 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result. City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Council Media & Communications Officer - PD Opens in new window