City of Parramatta
About the role
This position is responsible for ensuring that the road, stormwater and footpath network are maintained to the highest standard. It has the responsibility for ensuring that the City’s areas of public domain are maintained in a clean condition, through effective programmed and reactive cleaning services. It has responsibility for ensuring the organisations fleet is efficiently managed and maintained, and that cost effective trade and building services are provided to Council.
On a daily basis you will:
- Lead the efficient and effective operation of the Unit and delivery of its services including the management of staff and financial resources
- Deliver outcomes and identify initiatives to continually enhance staff engagement and workplace culture
- Provide a service delivery role for Civil Maintenance, Cleansing Services, Parks and Open Spaces, Fleet and Plant Services, as well as Building and Trades services
- Manage the City Operations budget efficiently and effectively ensuring continuous improvement in expenditure and productivity efficiencies
- Plan and develop strategies, policies and procedures and systems to meet statutory, corporate and business needs
- Maintenance of all Council’s natural and built assets in accordance with Council’s asset management plans and agreed service levels
- Manage projects as required
About the person
The successful candidate will have proven prior experience in managing a large multi-disciplinary team. Your demonstrated strong leadership skills in managing a large operational workforce, in construction and/or maintenance, whilst undertaking cultural and structural change, is also beneficial.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience managing consultants, Contract Management and Asset Management leading to improved service at less cost, and possess a strong customer focus and commitment to the provision of outstanding service.
It is essential that applicants have appropriate tertiary qualifications relevant to the position or experience deemed equivalent. The possession of higher academic qualifications is desirable.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $189,000 p.a. plus Superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact John Warburton at [email protected]
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 5pm, Monday 17 May 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undertake a Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Group Manager City Operations - PD Opens in new window