Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: InterContinental - Perth City Centre (PERHA)
Job number: EMEAA20839
InterContinental Perth City Centre opened in October 2017 and is a 240-room design orientated hotel in the heart of Perth's CBD. Currently the hotel is operating as a WA Government Controlled Quarantine Facility.
Your day to day
InterContinental Perth City Centre is currently looking for a friendly and professional Handyperson to join our Engineering/Maintenance team.
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as our Handyperson you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork.
From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with dedication and pride.
You'll be required to perform routine & preventative maintenance for the Hotel's equipment and facilities to ensure they operate efficiently, which will include minor repairs, maintenance of guest rooms, public areas and lighting. You will be able to assist in repair work and participate in our preventive maintenance program.
This work is only conducted in vacated & cleaned guest rooms.
What we need from you
We're looking for an energetic individual with great communication skills who works well within a team. You'll be an efficient self starter and be able to work with limited supervision.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum 2 years of general maintenance and/or repair experience with a good all round knowledge of maintenance procedures, preferably within the hospitality industry or luxury environment.
- Experience in all or some of the following: air conditioning, door lock systems, painting, tiling, plumbing and general furniture repairs.
- Legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restriction.
- Willing and able to meet the inherent requirements of working in a Quarantine Facility. Including following various safety policies and procedures, such as regular Covid testing, using personal protective equipment as trained (PPE), and willingness to have a mandatory Covid vaccine, etc.
- Ability to work 'shift work' including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
What we offer
We passionately believe that it’s our people who have brought us to where we are today and our people that will help us grow. We celebrate diversity every day. We welcome guests from every background and corner of the world, so we want individuals who can bring hospitality to life for everyone.
It is an inherent requirement as a WA Hotel Quarantine Worker that successful candidates do not have other consecutive employment / income whilst the the hotel is a Government Controlled site. As a result, the successful candidate will receive 40% allowance from the WA Govt on top of the usual hourly rate.
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including free duty meals, uniform provided & laundered, great accommodation discounts and the chance to work with a fantastic team. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us and apply for this or any other jobs with IHG please contact us at www.ihg.com/careers