Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- APS Level 6, Ongoing
- $80,665 - $91,713 + 15.4% super
- Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane
The Bureau is offering an opportunity for a dedicated, collaborative individual with program administration and stakeholder engagement experience to join the International Relations team in the Office of the CEO.
The team supports the Bureau's adherence to Australia's formal obligations under the Convention of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) 1947, including supporting the CEO / Director of Meteorology as the Permanent Representative of Australia to WMO, and the Bureau's role on behalf of the Australian Government as the National Focal Point with the UNESCO Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC).
To support these engagements the team relies on and interprets expert and often technical advice provided by staff across the organisation, maintains strategic relationships with intergovernmental and bilateral meteorological and hydrological partner agencies, and develops tools and processes to uplift international engagement across the enterprise.
The role offers the opportunity, over time, to develop strategic international governance and engagement skills in a support capacity and thus play a role in ensuring Australia is a global leader in weather, water and climate information.
To be successful, you will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn about intergovernmental engagement for international science diplomacy. You will have:
- Proven skills in stakeholder liaison and relationship building.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, including capacity to draft clear and concise documents.
- Understanding of confidentiality, sensitivities and reputational risks in the Australian Government context, and have a demonstrated ability to be discreet.
- Enthusiasm, drive and thrive working in a small geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated skills and experience using the Microsoft suite and SharePoint.
- Experience in a similar role at other scientific/technical agencies would be advantageous.
Position description - PDF Opens in new window
Position description - Word Opens in new window