City of Parramatta
About the role
This position is responsible for ensuring that key governance processes for Council, including Council Meetings and Committee Meetings, run efficiently and effectively. This role also ensures that our policy and delegations framework and our obligations in relation to statutory registers, public access to information and privacy legislation are met.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- compiling agendas and business papers for Council and Committee Meetings;
- attend Council and Committee Meetings to provide administrative and secretariat support;
- issue actions to relevant officers in relation to Council and Committee resolutions;
- provide advice and assistance on Council policies and delegations, maintain Council policy standards and conduct periodic reviews of Council policies to maintain their currency;
- provide advice, training and assistance to staff on Council's business paper process and resolutions, including relevant technology;
- provide administrative assistance to Council workshops and briefings as required.
About the person
The successful candidate should have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the administrative tasks associated with Council Meetings and Committee Meetings and experience in developing policies and procedures. The successful candidate will also have the following skills:
- Advanced word processing skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Policy and procedure writing skills.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary of up to $91,461.90p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Patricia Krzeminski on (02) 9806 5688.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 5pm, Monday, 10 May 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Council Secretariat Policy Officer - PD Opens in new window