Insurance Australia Group
We are looking for an experienced Payroll professional for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, who is ready to step up into a Payroll Specialist position, to join our small but friendly Long Tail Claims Team in Sydney CBD office. The team is responsible for processing wages for injured workers to bring to life our promise to make your world a safer place.
You will be joining a supportive in a team of 8, who are split between Specialized Claims Coders and Payroll Specialists. Day to day duties will include managing various payroll tasks such as processing weekly payments and entering payroll data into our SAP system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience Processing end to end weekly payroll
- Preparation of PAYG as per payroll period
- Manage month end process which includes General Ledger reconciliations and bank reconciliation
- Confidently handle payroll enquiries
- Experience using SAP HR and SAP Finance (desired but not essential)
- Strong prioritization skills
- Be self-motivated and task driven in order to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills to ensure consistent quality of your own work
- Medium Level, Microsoft Excel Skills and Microsoft Outlook
- Responsible for providing day to day support and processing of SAP HR/Payroll System
- Liaise with claims consultants and other internal and external parties on payment processes via email in a timely manner
- Provide analytical support to the business on payroll information as required
- Experience with UAT testing regarding payroll updates
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the General Ledger from SAP Finance system
- Develop and maintain EOM reporting and reconciliations
- Responsible for preparation, completion and payment of returns for various government and non-government bodies, including tax
- End of financial year reconciliation, generation of payment summaries
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, business policies, current laws and payroll statutory requirements
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.