At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
With an over-arching focus on safety, the IPRO team brings dedication, innovation and values to execute and improve productivity, safety and environmental impact.
We drive to embrace new technologies such as automation to lead our industry globally.
About the role
The Process Improvement Specialist role is heavily Improvement focused. Sitting within the Supply Chain Scheduling team, this position drives improvement strategies with regards to the movement of product from mine stockpile to the ship hatch through the WAIO logistics chain. The Supply Chain Scheduling team focuses specifically on optimising the schedule to maximise throughput and enabling the business to recover from unplanned operational events.
Reporting to the Superintendent Supply Chain Scheduling, you will play an integral role by:
- Maintaining an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Developing tactics and strategies aimed at maximising supply chain throughput in various operating modes, ensuring these strategies are actively communicated and updated as the business requirements change.
- Enabling the team to maintain an understanding of supply chain constraint and the tactics required to maximise throughput through the bottleneck
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new processes and systems to improve logistic planning and scheduling outcomes.
- Ensuring internal processes and standards are kept up to date and align to the way we operate.
This position is offered on a Monday - Friday roster, however in challenging the way we work we are also able to offer the opportunity for employees to explore other flexible work options.
To be successful in the role, you will be a driven and strategically minded Improvement Specialist with high level influencing and stakeholder engagement skills. You are team oriented and results focused with a demonstrated track record in working with others to achieve results.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- A positive proactive attitude towards problem solving coupled with demonstrated experience in optimising processes and embedding these improvements.
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills are required as the role revolves strongly around influencing stakeholders in the delivery of positive business outcomes.
- Experience across Mines/Rail/Port engineering, operations or maintenance areas would be desirable
- Advanced Excel, Visual Basics and Spotfire experience would be desirable but not essential.
- An Engineering qualification is desirable.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’ you will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – #161974
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.