Perth WA 6000
Location: Perth, WA, AU, 6000
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and the America’s and a globally active greenfields exploration & project development portfolio. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The role is responsible for assisting with the global leadership of South32 dam management & governance across all regions and investments. The role provides an effective risk management function to South32 and monitors the implementation of risk management practices in the design, construction, operation and closure of dam facilities in accordance with the relevant professional codes and industry practices.
The senior tailings governance role is responsible for assisting in identifying risks, developing, implementing and managing controls adequate for the company. It underpins the essential components of the company’s governance of tailings management by assisting with management and providing functional expertise in tailings governance to all South32 operations in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal company standards.
Other duties will include:
- Assist with input to, and management and maintenance of, the South32 dams’ database
- Assist with the development of tailings related disclosure information
- Assist with implementing, maintaining and verifying procedures related to the proper management of tailing storage facilities and dams across the company;
- Provides leadership in tailings and dam management for South32. Facilitate the communication and information sharing of good resource development and planning processes across South32;
- Assist in processes to educate and, where warranted, train other professionals involved in the management of tailings and dams;
- Represent the company through various JVP and external activities;
- Engineering degree, preferably civil
- More than 15 years’ experience in various technical and management including experience with tailings management and geotechnical design roles;
- Deep knowledge in tailings and dams
- Deep knowledge of professional standards and regulations
- Planning and coordination of activities and personnel to deliver the stated results.
- Auditing & training skills
What does South32 offer?
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the South32 Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries