Perth WA 6837
- FIFO Rosters - 8/6-7/7 or 14/7
- Residential even time rosters where you are home after every shift
- Fully subsidised housing for residential positions with huge financial savings
- Relocation assistance for interstate applicants to Western Australia
We’re expanding our operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance and need trade qualified professionals to help us succeed.
About The Role
We are looking for qualified Auto Electricians to perform planned preventative and breakdown maintenance across our extensive fleet of heavy mobile equipment.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with strong teamwork values to join an iconic world leader in innovation and technology.
Reporting to the Supervisor Mobile Equipment, you will be required to:
- Carry out scheduled and breakdown maintenance to a variety of heavy mobile equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections
- Ensure that maintenance standards are kept at a high quality
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures
What’s on offer
Various FIFO and residential rosters are on offer with commutes from Perth as well as regional towns of Busselton, Albany, Geraldton or Broome, depending on the site.
You will also enjoy:
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Competitive salary package with annual performance bonus
- Domestic relocation assistance may be provided
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Generous employee share plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- A broad range of employee discounts in banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
To secure one of these roles you should have:
- An Auto Electrical Trade Certificate
- An Australian C Class manual drivers licence or higher
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding of all heavy mobile mining equipment
- Familiar with SAP or similar maintenance system
- Strong fault finding and good all-round skills
- High Risk Licences such as Forklift and EWP
- Working at Heights
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.