Ministry of Health
$285,641 - $320,221 a year
General Manager, Westmead and Auburn Hospital
Executive Band 2
Western Sydney Local Health District
An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic individual to join the Ministry of Health in a key strategic role to lead/deliver
If you are a skilled executive operating at a strategic level, proven in driving growth and affecting change – apply now
This role will be located in Westmead and Auburn hospitals
The General Manager, Westmead Hospital & Auburn Hospital, Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is a senior facility operational manager accountable for the management performance of Westmead & Auburn hospitals.
The role assumes performance accountability for clinical operations as outlined in the annual WSLHD Service Agreement with the NSW Ministry of Health.
As a senior position within WSLHD, the General Manager provides significant input into the development and oversight of facility and District strategic and business plans, policy development, business and clinical service strategies and relationship management.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Describe a role in which you led significant transformation across a major tertiary hospital or health service, and outline your key achievements
- How did you manage the various stakeholders when leading this transformation?
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience at senior executive level in a large complex organisation engaged in service delivery including management of operational budget, physical and human resources
- Successful management of a large capital expansion project involving complex change management challenges
- Superior knowledge and understanding of health policy issues including clinical governance, health service planning, funding and resource allocation
- Proven experience in the review and improvement to current models of care, implementation of a complex clinical services plan, and review of workforce productivity
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 2, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $285,641 to $320,221 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact Graeme Loy, Chief Executive on 02 8890-9902 should you have any additional questions about the role.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
Applications close: Sunday 15th March 2020 (11:59pm)